This is the most comprehensive resource for candidates sitting the challenging final Clinical Skills Assessment exam, offering a complete curriculum guide as well as 110 role plays that can be removed and practised in pairs.
The guidance is seamlessly aligned to the RCGP syllabus, fully up-to-date and referenced with the latest guidelines, with detailed ‘model’ answers to each case. Offering a new, straightforward consultation model highly suited to the requirements of the exam, the book provides:
- a realistic amount of information for both ‘doctor and ‘patient’ to closely replicate the exam
- the answers! Each case includes a fully worked up ‘Example Consultation’
- summaries of guidelines and tips from the authors’ recent experience of the CSA exam for all 110 cases
- an easy way to mark each colleague’s role play attempts, with tick boxes on the Example Consultation and a universally applicable marking scheme card
- a colour-coded curriculum for ease of reference
- the only CSA casebook and revision guide providing information and answers across the curriculum.
- the Complete CSA’s Focus Consultation Model, designed specifically for the CSA exam
- useful phrases
- examination cards checklists
The Complete CSA Casebook is essential reading for any candidate embarking on their CSA exam preparation, and will remain an invaluable resource for best general practice after qualification.
Don’t Wait Until Something Goes Wrong to Think About Your Consultation Skills
Designed specifically for busy health professionals working in primary care, The Naked Consultation: A Practical Guide to Primary Care Consultation Skills covers all aspects of the primary care consultation in a clear, concise, and highly readable manner.
The book begins by breaking the primary care consultation into its components, making it easier to focus on particular areas and practise skills such as encouraging patients to explain what’s wrong, summarising and reflecting, and giving information to patients. The book then describes how to effectively use educational tools—such as videoing, random case analysis, problem case debriefing, and feedback—to improve consultations. It also explains in detail how to demonstrate proficient consultation skills in the Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) exam and the importance of these skills in appraisal/revalidation.
Certified for continuing professional development (CPD®) by The CPD Certification Service, this fully updated and revised Second Edition incorporates new thinking and consultation models, including the 6 S model and the new doctor, patient, illness model. It also provides detailed analysis of the latest Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) assessment tools, such as the clinical skills assessment exam (CSA) and the consultation observation tool (COT).
Complete with illuminating case studies, photocopiable forms, and a jargon-busting appendix, The Naked Consultation: A Practical Guide to Primary Care Consultation Skills, Second Edition offers valuable insight into the key phases of the primary care consultation, the best features of common consultation models, and the real-world application of popular consultation techniques.